We also had a birthday gathering last night with some friends. Johnny loves his birthday and his friends so it was fun to see him have such a great time. About 20 of our friends squeezed into our tiny apartment and enjoyed root beer floats, socializing and the famous McKeon family game "Who Sir Me Sir." We also played a few rounds of catch phrase--guys vs. girls. Girls won 2 out of 3 (Muwahahaa :)
We are so blessed to have lots of FUN friends here in San Jose. We do all sorts of things with them and we're as happy as clams. A few weeks ago for example, we went to this AWESOMEST trampoline jumping place with our friends Lucas and Lacie! It's a place with trampolines EVERYWHERE. You can jump off the trampoline walls and jump into a giant foam pit! There are also super intense dodge ball competitions that you play while jumping. It's very fun and competitive. Johnny and I were in heaven. I never knew I liked dodge ball so much. You play with a whole bunch of people you don't even know, and a guy that works there just divides us up on different sides and then blows a whistle. Johnny was always the last one left dominating everybody. I'm continually amazed at his athleticism. He is a SUCH a good athlete and people are sometimes surprised including me by the absolute force, precision and power that comes from this skinny man's body. He is truly amazing and I love him. I love him not only because he is an awesome athlete, but for other reasons too. Here are 10 (sorry, not 28) reasons, in no particular order, (in honor of his birthday--sorry, I went on a tangent about the trampoline place) we're glad Johnny was born:
1. His corky sense of humor
2. The great love and loyalty he has for his family and friends
3. His baby chick fluffy blonde hair :)
4. He is the best prayer giver ever
5. He's an incredible missionary and because of his example and efforts everyday several people want to find out more about The Church of Jesus Christ of LDS.
6. In the words of Hank off of Father of the Bride, "He is a genius of the mind." He is very, very, very smart and loves to learn. He also has a gift for explaining complex subjects with simplicity so others can easily understand. I love it.
7. He is a hard worker and loves a challenge. These qualities in particular have blessed our lives in many aspects.
8. His totally unique laugh.
9. He gives great advice. I've seen many people come to him for council and advice.
10. And finally, the love he has for Pink Bubble Gum Ice Cream. What a guy. Who the heck asks for pink bubble gum ice cream in place of a birthday cake? The one and only- John Timothy McKeon.
9 comments:
Oh Happy birthday! how fun! now I want some ice cream :)
oh boy! You said way to many nice things about Johnny boy! His head is gonna get huge. Just kidding. He deserves all those compliments. We love Johnny!
Happy Birthday Johnny boy! He is quite unique but that's why we love him so much!
Hey Eliza! I just wanted you to know that I went private. So I have to invite you to look at my blog. It's sort of a pain but I had 3 different weirdo comments on my blog that I had know idea who they were. Just email me at kmckeon01@yahoo.com and I'll add you to the list.
Happy Birthday Johnny B, luv ya xoxo.
Great top 10, Eliza! Happy Birthday, JohnnyT! We miss you guys!
Oh johnny and his bubble gum ice. He really is one of a kind. King John Timothy Mckeon!
hahahahaah such a nerd...oh how i love my brother
Johnny, why didn't you send me a message letting me know that your wife had a blog for you two. I'm hurt and shocked. Others may not believe me, but they don't know you like I do. Right? I'm hurt. ;)
So, here's a birthday note (ps- I've been thinking about you all month cuz you were the first bday of the group- don't really mean a particular group, more just ppl our age whose bdays I remember-... then sean... then mare... eventually it would get to me.)
Here's an example of thought-- 12 o'clock and all is well. ding, dong... My Gidget and I were playing that and I thought of your guys' yard and then about you because you just had your bday. (that was just one example). When are you guys coming to Vegas? You and David will get a long REAL well. Fun. (did you have to take a potty break in between one of these chapters I've written you?) Love you!! (yes, I can here the laugh she mentioned)
Post a Comment