Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our Time Has Come...




Johnny has been telling me for months and months that I'd better be prepared because he is going to have to put in a ton of hours at EY pretty soon. He explained that some nights he'd be working until as late as 3 a.m. I kept trying to brace myself for the feeling of a completely absent Johnny husband, but week after week, and the month after month went by and he was always home by 6:00 p.m. everyday. I'd ask him when he was going to start the crazy hours and he would respond, "pretty soon."Many of our "couple friends" would vent to us about the suckiness of the insanely long hours the husbands were working at EY. I would listen and say, "Oh yaaaa... that must be so hard,” feeling sorry for them, but so happy and a bit confused as to how Johnny always escaped under the radar. I honestly thought Johnny was some kinda crazy man that would flee out of the Apple headquarters at lightning speed so that nobody would be able to make him stay (he is very sneaky and speedy), and when the hefes realized they would just let it slide because he is such a stellar and efficient worker (because he really is). Thus, he could do his work in half the time it took everyone else and deserved to go home to his little wife at a decent hour. Sadly, the truth is that his time had simply not come yet. Now it has and it stinks. "Oh well, everyone must put in their time if they want to be successful," Johnny says. I say, booooo :( Oh well, I guess it could be worse.  Now, he works at work until 9pm or 10pm and then comes home and works until 2am.  Such is life....but only for a short time I hope. 

4 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

that sounds exhausting!
I have a hard time sleeping when Jake is away

John + Eliza McKeon said...

Hi Caroline!

Molly and Kip said...

Eliza you should be so happy he is gone so much, I would!! Just kidding johnny boy I do love you, even though my son is now doing the elbow slap thanks to you. Glad to see you guys have a blog!

Tansy said...

I say "Booooo" too. Us accounting-widows will just have to keep each other company!