We went to "Sharing Time" first-- it was awesome. I really admire all of our primary teachers and leaders-- they do such a great job catching the kid's interest and getting them excited to participate. One of the leaders is a sister that I visit teach and it was fun seeing her in action : ) We learned a song about Jesus visiting the Americas and blessing all the little children. Then we played a puzzle game with questions about the message of the song.
Next, we went to our classrooms and Johnny and I taught the lesson: "I am a child of God." We had three boys and three girls in attendance. We had a ball! It made me wish that we'd be called to team teach in primary together. We sang, we played a game of tossing "Cosmo" the stuffed Cougar around and answering questions about the lesson, we drew pictures of things that helped us to know that our Heavenly Father and Savior love us and then shared them with the class. All shared a story about a time that they had lost something and prayed for help to find it and then miracously found it! We concluded with a quick round of head, shoulders, knees and toes and a closing prayer. They totally forgot about the bathroom/water break they always take half way through class. Success!! P.S. Johnny was an excellent teacher and the kids thought he was the coolest guy they'd ever met.
From the whole experience, we were all entertained, uplifted and edified. Teaching and interacting with these little ones warmed my heart so much because I got the same feeling that I'd get when teaching investigators of the LDS church on my mission. That wonderful feeling is the pure love of God and of Christ . You can feel how pleased our Heavenly Father and Savior are with these young learners. They are coming to know the very basic and beautiful truths of our Heavenly Father's plan for us and the happiness that comes from following the gospel of Jesus Christ. When asked a gospel question, their replies are simple and pure. It is a blessing to be able to witness their sweet and humble prayers and feel of their growing testimonies.
Oh, and on the subject of teaching--who LOVEs the new Gospel Principles manual?! I DO! So simple and clear, yet engaging and profound. This dandy little book makes teaching and learning in Reliefe Society a joy. Love it.
4 comments:
I teach the sunbeams in my ward and I LOVE it! I bet you guys were so good. Love ya! -Sarah Larsen P.S. our blog is sarandtrav.blogspot.com
Okay so I had no idea you had a blog. I'm so glad you joined the blogging world. It's easier to keep in touch this way. Keep the blogs coming.
So fun! Andrew and I taught once and he said I was too "teacherish" (whatever that means!), I guess he just wanted to play with the kids but I made them WORK! Haha. Anyway, cute story!
Okay, 1st thing. Why am I not on your "friends list" on your blog?
2nd- did u know that im 1st coun. in the primary! ITS CRAZY! I LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT!!!!! LOL
3rd- i love your post on the primary lesson.
4th- it is funny that johnny was all "worked" up about teaching primary.
5th- I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU!!!!
Post a Comment